16 June 2015

PANTENE BEAUTIFUL LENGTHS

On Friday June 12th, my mom participated in the annual Relay For Life.
She raised a few hundred dollars and walked the whole night.
I am proud of her and very thankful that she is still here to share her testimony.
My mom walked as a survivor, but also in memory of friends and family who left this world as a result of cancer.

The walk began with a 'survivors' lap where a sea of yellow shirts circle the track.
Next, was the family lap where everyone joined in to support the survivors.
During this lap, I had a HUGE surprise for my mom.
With my baseball cap and hoodie on, I secretly handed her a bag full of my hair.
I was donating 25" of my hair to the Canadian Cancer Society
(Partnered with Pantene Beautiful Lengths).
Oddly enough, I had 4 braids of hair, so we could each hold one for a family picture.

Look at the difference...











No comments:

Post a Comment