22 June 2015

OVERWHELMED BY THE WORLD

Dictionary.com has five explanations for the word overwhelmed.

1. To overcome completely in mind or feeling.
2. To overpower or overcome, especially with superior forces; destroy; or crush.
3. To bury beneath a mass of something, as floodwaters, debris, or an avalanche.
4. To load, heap, or address with an overpowering or excessive amount of anything.
5. To overthrow.

Is "overwhelmed" the right word to use?

In my opinion, yes!
Whether we are sailing through life or extremely stressed by everything...
We are overwhelmed by the world. I am overwhelmed by the world.

I wish I was overwhelmed by Jesus!
However, in complete honesty, I am not.
Not completely overcome in mind and feeling.
I am a Christian buried beneath a mass of something else; distracted by the world.

How can I move forward without being overcome by fame and fortune?
In the world we live in, we have to have money to survive.
We work our way to the top so that we can afford life.
There are no ifs, ands, or buts.
You could go 'off grid' and say good-bye to civilization... but... that's not the point.

As noted in Genesis, God did give us this world to live on!
I am very thankful for that. Beauty is all around us.
It is setting our eyes purely on Jesus that is the challenge.
JESUS already paid His life for ours.
So, now we have to learn how to live in a materialistic world without being buried in it.

As Big Daddy Weave once said:
       I delight myself in you (God).
       Captivated by your (God's) beauty.
       I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by you (God).

As we delight ourselves in His blessings, show the world how great He is!
Totally surrender yourself to His beauty.
Be overwhelmed by Him.
Use your blessings to bless others. Money, friendships, opportunities, food, etc...






No comments:

Post a Comment