11 June 2014

I WISH...

What do I wish for?

As my time in Mexico progresses, there are many things that I wish I had.

I wish there were more volunteers to interact with.
I wish there was more time to explore the wonderful city.
I wish I could share these memories with someone else.
I wish I could join my family in their fun adventures back at home.

I wish... I wish... I wish...

These desires can easily bring people down.
I have this amazing opportunity and I still want more...?
I have to believe that I am here for a reason.
After praying for God's timing, I am here NOW.
It is NOW that I must do His work.

If I waited for more volunteers, my help would not be as necessary.
If I had more time to explore, I would not be here in complete service.
If I had someone else with me, I would not be learning to fully rely on God.
If I was at home, I would still be praying for an opportunity to serve.

ETC... ETC... ETC...

This trip to Mexico is much different than my last.
I must stop comparing it to previous experiences.
God is doing great work.
I need to accept His embrace and love each moment that He gives me.

No more 'wishing' for me.
God has given me a great opportunity.
I will be thankful!

Thank You... Thank You... Thank You...



No comments:

Post a Comment