4 June 2014

BACK IN MEXICO

On May 23rd, I returned to Mexico.

I had been praying that God would lead me where He wanted me to be.
With no summer plans, I decided to go back to Mexico.
One week later, I was on a plane bound South.

This time around, I am on my own.
I don't have a friend by my side to act as a crutch.
In a way, this may be the entire purpose of the trip.
Relying on others has sadly become my comfort area.
On my own, I am required to serve with what I have to offer.
Learning to rely only on God!

I will be staying at the children's shelter for four weeks.
During this time I hope to give as much of myself as possible.
There is very limited staff and, if I can help, I will!

While I want God to use me for good, I also pray that He will teach me.
It is my desire that through this experience, I will draw closer to Him.
In the midst of all the chaos surrounding 16 children and teens...
May I truly seek the calm and quiet of the Lord.

God has already done many great things.
From annoying bugs to screaming teens...
From precious moments with children to periods of silent reflection...
My heavenly Father has blessed me so that I might bless others.

Who else can just 'go to Mexico' for a month on a students budget?

God is great!





No comments:

Post a Comment