19 February 2013

LOS CAMACHOS

Once again, our time away from home is coming to a end.
We will be leaving Mexico on Thursday.

Today, we had one last outing with the children.
We went to a wonderful water park called Los Camashos.
The water slides were awesome!
I also enjoyed the huge diving platform.
We had an amazing time together.

Once again, I am very sorry.
Sadly, I have had little time to write about my actual experience at the orphanage.
I would like to apologise for the limited information.

Time goes by so quickly when you are immersed in something so great as this.
While there have been struggles this past month, I have seen personal growth in that.
At times, I wanted to give up. At times, I wanted to seek permanent residence here.
I have experienced both extremes.

The relationships that I have made in Mexico are ever lasting.
These people will always be in my heart.

The staff are amazing.
I have a unique appreciation for each person that works with this mission.
The founders have a true heart for what they are doing.
They give God the glory for the amazing work that has been accomplished.
Everyone else on staff plays an essential part in this exciting journey.

The children have stolen my heart.
While they were busy driving me crazy, they managed to change something inside of me.
I connected immediately with the younger children.
It took some time for me to connect to the older ones.
By the end I had great relationships with both the little ones and the older girls.
We had so much fun together!
I am completely amazed at the diversity of each child.
Each child is so special. Their personalities are amazing.
They might come from horrible pasts but they have beautiful futures!

Thursday is going to be very hard.
I have made some very good memories here.

At the same time, I am VERY excited to get home!

Please pray that these children will recognise God`s work in their lives.

THANK YOU!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment