6 December 2012

SAFE ARRIVAL - CANADA

We are home!
To be in Canada is absolutely refreshing.
I loved walking out of the airport into the cool air.
Toronto was beautiful in a whole new way.

One of our leaders reminded us of all the opposites between countries.
    * Canada and Thailand are on the opposite sides of the world.
    * Canada is cold. Thailand is hot.
    * Drive on the right side in Canada. Drive on the left side in Thailand.
    * Speed limits in Canada. No speed limits in Thialand.
    ... and the list goes on
We really did experience the opposite way of life!

Flight details:   

(I am still figuring this out myself...)

Our flight from Chiang Mai was delayed about 2 hours.
Departure was at 1:30 Thursday morning (Chiang Mai).
    * 1:30 Wednesday afternoon (Toronto).
5 hour flight...
We landed in Soel Korea around 6:30 Thursday morning (Chiang Mai).
    * 6:30 Wednesday night (Toronto).
    * 8:30 Thursday morning (Seoul).
Our flight from Korea was also delayed by an hour.
Departure was at 11:15 Thursday morning (Seoul).
    * 9:15 Wednesday night (Toronto).
13 hour flight...
We arrived in Toronto around 10:30 Thursday morning (Toronto).
    * 10:30 Thursday night (Chiang Mai).

Very confusing... we had fun figuring out the times.
It took us about a day to travel.
The time that we arrived in Canada would have been our bedtime in Thailand.
I think I missed 2 nights worth of sleep... I don't really know...
So much fun!

In Korea, there was snow on the ground.
In Canada, there is no snow on the ground... yet.

While I had an idea that Canada was still "green", I was excited for the winter feel!
Christmas is just around the corner and it did not feel that way in Thailand.
I had seen a couple banana trees decorated with lights but...
There is something about the cold weather.
Christmas is defeinatley my favourite time of year.
I am looking forward to the time that I get to spend with family and friends.

Sadly, the "Expedition" program ends in just 1 week.
This week is filled with a lot of different activities.
We will spend 2 days in Clarksburg. Reflecting on our personal journeys.
We will also spend time as a group, going over the last couple weeks.
On our final day, we will host a party for the team and our support.
We will be sharing our stories and saying our good byes.

I think I am going to take a small nap.
Maybe unpack... Laundry...

Here are pictures of the cards I recieved from the Thai youth:


 
It was hard to say good bye.
I met so many great people while I was in Thailand.
The staff were amazing and the children were adorable.
I wish that I could list off each person and tell you the stories.
It was hard but it was also time to come home!
I hope that we were able to let God's light shine effectively as we worked.
Thailand was amazing!
 
I am happy to say that I am in Canada again!

No comments:

Post a Comment