16 December 2012

EXPEDITION IN REVIEW

Expedition.
Journey with a purpose.

On September 6th, I walked into a room full of strangers.
I was scared. I was excited.
It was our first night together and we had no idea what was coming next.
We would be spending 3 FULL months together!
What would that involve?

I want to take a minute to thank my roommate, Anna.
She quickly turned my fear into excitement on that first night.
As I crawled into my bed, I decided that Anna did not like me.
I know this sounds very strange but...
It was decided (by me) that Anna wanted a different roommate.
As I tried to fall asleep that night, I heard Anna say...
" Sam, I'm glad that we're roommates! "
Now, I know this is not the biggest statement but it made a HUGE difference.
Anna's kind voice and warm heart filled that silent room.
I will never forget the difference that she made that night.
I will never forget the positive impact she made each day after that.
Anna, is such a wonderful person and I am so glad that God placed us together.
Our journey together is not over.
Thank you, Anna!

On September 6, 2012...
A weird-o walked into a room full of strangers.
That weird-o who entered the room was me...They wouldn't like me.
WRONG
The "Expedition" team changed my life.
These strangers saw potential and loved me for who I was!
They showed me that there are sincere and kind people in this world.
Now I am friends with 11 of those wonderful people!

Our team grew so much over the 3 months together.
I can't even begin to recount everything we did this semester.
From shovelling dirt in Canada to teaching English in Thailand, we did it all!

Quebec          Chicago         Thailand
 
Ontario
 

I am so glad that I was on this year's "Expedition" team.
Looking back, I am amazed at each opportunity that we had.
I can't believe how much we did in such little time.
The program went by way too fast.

Thank you to everyone on "Expedition." (x11)
    * I will keep it short but.. these people changed my life!

    * Emily - I stepped out of my shell because of you... "Silika!" 
    * Sarah - You believed in me! You saw something that others didn't.
    * Anna - I could run to you in times of need!
    * Caleb - You are Dutch!
    * Cail - God brought you from suffering, broke you, and blessed you! "Tank-ish"
    * Lara - "Honesty, sincerity, tendernous, and trust!"
    * Connor - You found my mean side. I even tripped you by accident in Ottawa!
    * Shannon - Speaking words of wisdom. You know how to express ideas!!
    * Luke - Soft spoken, kind, and and very caring!.. "Ninja Son - Nang Jar Seng"
    * Justin - If it wasn't for our seats together on 3/4 flights... I might have been lost!
    * Jaina - You are FILLED with the light of God... Let the whole world see!

Thank you to the leaders of "Expedition." (x3)
    *Our team survived because of these people!

    * Robyn - Where to begin? You are so kind and generous. Always caring for others!
    * Jacob - Leader of team Two! Your sense of humour was always appreciated!
    * Lindsay - "Mama" always took care of her young before herself!

Thank you to everyone who has supported this program.
    * "Expedition" was able to reach and serve people all around the world.

    * Prayer - covered our team through ministry, travel, and spiritual battle!
    * Financial - helped with meal costs, travel costs, and supported the missions!

THANK YOU!
    * I will never forget this experience!
    * I will never forget these wonderful people!
    * I will never forget THAILAND!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that we were both a part of Expedition, Sam. I can't even tell you what an impact your wisdom, faith, dedication, and friendship has had on me. I love reading your words and hearing your constant encouragement that we make Christ our top priority.
    Love, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah... I am so happy that I was able to experience this Christian community with you. Expedition was an amazing adventure. God placed each one of us on the team for a reason. Thank you for your friendship and guidance. I am so glad that God brought us together!
      Love, Samantha

      Delete