1 January 2013

2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
Another year is over and a new one has just started!
A couple minutes ago, I counted down those final seconds with my family.
We spent the last few hours of 2012 sitting in the living room together.
Simple yet very entertaining!
 
I can't help but wonder what my Thailand friends were doing for the new year.
They reached the count down 12 hours before us!
It is quite possible that they were enjoying 2013 while I patiently waited.
That got me to thinking.
Some people are still waiting for the new year.
This time difference thing is so exciting.
It gets me every time!
 
Anyways, I hope everyone has a great start to this new year!
May you choose to spend your time wisely!
Let worry and fear disappear.
Use this opportunity to reach out, expand your heart, and learn!
While time continues on like usual, the new year symbolises a fresh start.
Now is the time. Start fresh. Be the change that the world needs to see!
 
Personally, I am hoping for a year full of challenge and change.
In 2012 I was blessed with the opportunity to be on an "Expedition" team.
This was the highlight of my year.
Looking back, this was preparation for what is to come.
I will no longer sit back and do nothing.
While I learned a lot on "Expedition," the learning does not stop there.
Living for God should not stop when you leave bible college...
I still have a lot to learn and want to embrace each opportunity to grow.

"Embracing opportunity"...
There is something that I need to tell you!

In January, I will be leaving the country yet again.
Anna and I will be living and working in an orphanage for 1 month!
We will be travelling with a lady that I know from church.
She is a wonderful person!

This opportunity fell from the sky...
We were not expecting to leave so soon after our trip to Thailand.
It is going to be another wild adventure.
At least God knows what He's doing!

I AM VERY EXCITED THAT I AM GOING WITH ANNA!
... I told you our "journey" was not over.


At this point, I am still missing Thailand...
If the flight itself did not take a full day, things might be different!
But...
God is leading me in a different direction and I am prepared to follow.
I will serve Him in everything that I do!
Or, at least that is what I am learning to do. 
I am human... I make mistakes... I try again...

Happy New Year!
Spend your time wisely.
Love God, love others, love yourself!

Updates coming soon...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment