3 November 2012

ONE WEEK

Time flies when your having fun!

I can't believe it's Thailand time already.

This is crazy...

I am so excited!

This week has been absolutely amazing!
Where to begin?

Well, we spent one evening at a Thai restaurant.
Let me tell you... this was an experience.
The food was absolutely amazing!
Anything from spicy soup to mango sticky rice... we got it all!
Our Thai night didn't end there.
We spent a couple hours praying over Thailand.
After studying various facts, we could pray for specific needs.
I really enjoyed this night dedicated to our trip!

This week, we also spent a lot of time preparing for Thailand activities.
A large portion of our time will be spent teaching english.
For this, we have prepared various lessons.
In a group of 4, I will be teaching a beginner class in Chiang Mai.
We will be working with students of all ages.
In addition to english, we will also be teaching about the bible.
We will hold morning devotions for staff and evening programs for children.

I have also enjoyed our time on campus.
This past week, I have had the opportunity to do a lot at the school.
The school community here is wonderful!
Last night, I watched a movie with a group of students.
It was a great time to relax and have fun!

We also had our monthly care group for everyone on residence.
It was a special time for everyone to connect.
This meeting, we spent time in worship and talked about our fears.
I fear my future... I have no clue as to what I am doing after this program.
With God, there is no reason to fear.
I am slowly learning that I need to trust God in this.
Its hard but I am trying to give Him full control.


Our days have been filled with great excitement for this trip.
Prayer times, seminars, prep times, rest...
I am so glad that we were given this time to focus on the journey ahead of us.

It is so hard to put into words what I have experienced here...
Everyday, there are new opportunities to serve God!
This lifestyle is so amazing.
I can't begin to explain what I have experienced.
God is so faithful. He provides in every situation that we face.

I feel like I wrote this post without a focus.
It seems to be all over the place.
Maybe that is where my brain is at right now.
There are so many amazing things happening.
I just don't know how to share them.

At this point, I am getting ready for the BIG trip.
Thailand is going to be amazing!
I am a little stressed over the lessons but...
It will be an amazing adventure.


Personally, I think that I will struggle going home after this.
In one way, I want to go home because my family is there!
On the other hand, I absolutely love living in this kind of an environment!

Well...
Like I wrote earlier, its too hard to explain what is going on right now...
I don't know why I keep writting if I will never fully express anything...

My next post will be from Thailand!
We leave Saturday at noon.
13 hour flight to Korea - 3 hour stop over - 6 hour flight to Chaing Mai...
I think we get there EARLY Monday morning... With the time change???
It can get a little confusing but, I am ready to go with it!

Thank you for reading.
I hope my Thailand posts are way more interesting than this!


No comments:

Post a Comment