1 October 2012

UPDATE

As you may have read in the last post, my grandfather recently passed away.
With this in mind, I did not post anything in regards to school.

At this point I would like to continue sharing my experience with you!

To begin, here are a couple of reminders:
   1. You no longer need a password to comment on this blog!
          * If you would like to comment, click on the word "comments" below the post.
          * Comment as: "anonymous" or "name" to comment without a password!
   2. The program also has a blog! www.ebcexpedition.ca

Moving forward...
On September 20th, the "Expedition" team left for Stayner, ON.
We spent four days at a youth camp.
There was a lot of set up to be done on the first day.
Later, over 800 teenagers arrived.
Worship, lessons, meals, and games filled the weekend.

Unfortunately, I came home to some sad news.
My grandfather had passed away while I was at the camp.
This was extremely difficult. Why did this have to happen like this?
I went home for the funeral but returned to school the next day.
Thankfully, I have a strong team supporting me through everything.
I was reminded that I need to trust God even through the darkest of times.

         The Lord is my sheppard, I shall not want...                               "God saw you were getting tired,  
         He leads me beside quiet waters...                                             and a cure was not to be.
         Even though I walk through the valley                                       So He put His arms around you,
         of the shadow of death,                                                               And whsipered 'come to me'.
         I will fear no evil,                                                                         A golden heart stopped beating,
         for You are with me;                                                                    Hard working hands now rest.
         Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me...                                God broke our hearts to prove to us
                                                              ~ Psalm 23                              He only takes the very best."

This past week was very interesting.
We spent 2 FULL days helping at a soup kitchen! (13hrs/day)
I helped with the food room where guests could pick out groceries for the week.
I got to see so many different people and hear about their struggles.
What an amazing experience. We are so blessed with all that we have.
In addition to helping at the soup kitchen, we also learned a lot through seminars.

On October 2nd, we are back on the road again!
The "Expedition" team will spend 2 days in Ottawa and 8 days in Quebec.
We will be exploring our nations capital and helping with various tasks.
In Quebec, we may get a little messy as we work to finish construction projects.

Off we go...
The next post will be after this 10 day trip!
I will be adding pictures for that one!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment