27 June 2015

GUATEMALA 2016

Once again,
I am planning to go on another mission trip (vacation with a purpose)!

This time I will be going to Guatemala with a group of women from different churches.
We will be volunteering at a women's medical clinic.
While doctors administer the Pap tests, we will be the moral and spiritual support!
Our team is excited to speak with these women about the wonderful love of Jesus.

Our trip is July 1st, 2016 - July 12th, 2016.
This will be the shortest trip that I have ever been on.
However it may work, I pray that we are following God's guidance.
It might seem too short, but I believe there is a reason for that.
I don't think God wears a watch... 12 days + salvation = eternity!
Sounds great to me.

For the next year, I will be working at a retail store close to home.
(no, I didn't find the right Recreation Therapy job...)
I think God has a plan for me, working at this retail store.
It may not be what I went to school for, but I can see that God is working in me.
Eventually, I would love to work with children who are facing adversity.
Until that door opens, I am praising God in the hallway!

Our team will also be working on a lot of fundraising this year.
We are having a garage sale, zumba-thon, and three chili cook offs.
The money will go directly to the women of Guatemala.
They will receive medical testing and the appropriate treatments.

I am forgetting the most important part...
This will be my first time travelling with my mom!
It will also be her first time on a mission trip.
I hope she experiences the same joy that I felt on my first 'vacation with a purpose.'







No comments:

Post a Comment