26 June 2014

JOHN 9 : I ONCE WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE

John 9:3-5

(3) Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. (4) I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. (5) As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

- - -

When we hit 'rock bottom' we may think that we are being punished for our sins.
Why would God make us suffer like this?
What did I do wrong?

God didn't clear your bank account.
God didn't cause the cancer.
God didn't spread those rumors about you.
God didn't destroy your house with fire.

If we were being punished for our sins, we would not be here right now.
God continues to bless us, despite our sinful behaviors.
We need to look at our struggles in life as an opportunity for God's work to be revealed in us!
Don't let debt, illness, lies, or loss destroy you.
Let debt, illness, lies, and loss help you strengthen your relationship with God.

- - -

Like Jesus, we need to spend our days doing our Father's work.
In this particular case, Jesus brought sight to a blind man.
Jesus used someone's struggle to reveal God's great work!

Me... I am not going to walk down the street and rub spit in my neighbor's eyes.
That would be considered rude and quite frankly... WEIRD.
I can, however, use my talents to help my neighbor in a different way.
Maybe bake some cookies just for him?
It is day and I must do the works of Him who sent me.

While in Mexico, I kept reminding myself that 'this is the time.'
God sent me for one month to do His work.
This reminder helped me to fill my days with love and compassion.
A month goes by very quickly and you don't want to regret anything.

Since my return to Canada, I have been reflecting a lot on the work that I did.
From 7am to 7pm I was running around with the kids.
This is a majority of day time hours, right?
But did I actually do the work that God called me to do?
That's hard to say.
What exactly was I called to do?
Did I love like Jesus?

Now that I am home, there is even more to think about.
How can I spend all day serving the Lord when things are back to 'normal.'
I'm no longer in a children's shelter where help is constantly needed.
I'm at home where I can sit by myself for hours if I so desire.
I must work the works of Him who sent me.
Whether it is showing kindness to my family, visiting my neighbor, or baking cookies...
I can take these opportunities to serve!

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment