10 February 2013

MARIPOSA MONARCA

On Saturday, we went to a butterfly reserve.

We spent the WHOLE day away from the orphanage.
At 5 in the morning, we got on the bus.
By 12:30 in the afternoon we were at the reserve!

Before our search to find the butterflies, we had a quick picnic.
After our sandwiches, we started walking.
We walked and walked and walked...

By 4 in the afternoon, we were covered in Monarch Butterflies.
Okay, I exaggerated a little bit.
At one point, I had about 7 butterflies on my head.
That was a lot for me...
It was absolutely amazing!

One butterfly landed on my mouth.
That kind of freaked me out. I was NOT expecting that!

At one point, I had a precious Monarch on my hand.
I examined this little being for a minute before it flew away.
Their bodies are so intricate and precise.
It is amazing how they are capable of flying from Canada to Mexico.
    * Anna, June, and I followed their path down to Mexico!

If you looked deep into the forest, there were millions of butterflies.
You could see high into the trees where the butterflies would gather in bunches.
The branched were filled with these creatures.

In addition to my amazement, the kids had a wondefull time with the "mariposas."
Although they complained about the hiking... They really appreciated the final destination.
We were fully immersed in God's creation. The trees, the mountains, the butterflies...

Another 6 hours on the bus and we were back at the orphanage.
We arrived around 12:30 that night.
Everyone was ready for bed!

Just like these butterflies, God has created us to do wonderful things.
As I watch each child, I see something so beautiful.
I pray that God will guide and protect them on their journeys.


PICTURES!








 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment