16 November 2012

YOUTH NIGHT

Thailand is a wonderful place!
There is so much to do and see here.

During the week, we travel 40 minutes each day to a church.
There we teach english to a number of eager students.
This has been a great learning experience!
I teach with 3 other "Expedition" people.
There are 8 wonderful students in our beginner class.
I love getting to know each one of them!

In addition to teaching english we also run youth events in the evening.
Tonight was our first time working with the group.
I would say that there were about 25 people aged 4 to 16.
This specific group of youth share this living space.
I am not sure why they live together at this location but they seemed to enjoy it!

Also, on the property, there are cows, chickens, ducks, dogs, and a monkey.
This was a fun opportunity to see how Thai people interact with their animals.
The monkey was hillarious. Holding your hand, sitting in your lap...

For the youth, we had planned various activities.
We had a time of worship with both Thai and English music.
A bible story was translated and acted out.
There was also a fun game of "musical chairs."

The children/youth were very excited.
By the end, they were chasing after our vehicle down the lane way.
     *our transportation - sitting in the back of a pick up truck!!
This was and will be a great way to build relationships with Thai people.
We go back to this location on Tuesday. I am looking forward to it already.

While I am experiencing Thailand, my mother and bother are in Florida.
From what I have heard, they have amazing things planned for their trip.
I think this includes some deep sea fishing and an air boat tour?
So excited for them!
I hope they have a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment