10 September 2012

OUR FIRST WEEKEND

So... Here is what you all have been waiting for...
I have started my journey in the Expedition program!

Thursday September 6th was move-in day.
My mom helped me move into residence and then we went to various gatherings.
The first night was a little rough. The room was quite warm and I was missing my family a lot.

In total, there are 12 students, 2 leaders, and one coordinator.
For certain activities, we split into two smaller groups.

On Friday morning we left at 8:00 a.m. for a retreat in Clarksburg, ON.
I struggled with the whole idea that we had to make ourselves comfortable in residence yet be ready to leave all of the time.
We had a lot of fun at the retreat. The weekend's focus was on team building and leadership.
Our biggest challenge as a team was the caving that we did on Saturday. Our expedition teams went to a hiking site where we explored various caves. We filled our weekend very effectively with little time to rest. We had so much fun getting to know each other!

Back at residence, it still seems a little strange. Everyone here has spent the weekend becoming familiar with the school and preparing for classes.
The Expediton team spent this time doing very different activities.
Coming back to the school was a different experience!
There is a lot of quiet time... which could become a problem for me as I tend to think about family a lot.

Our Expedtion team bonded very quickly. We believe that God has great things instore for us. We are looking forward to all of the ministry opportunities that are in the near future!

Expedition has created a new blog. In addition to this one, you are welcome to visit the programs blog for more pictures and information.
Expedition blog: www.ebcexpedition.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment